• Hi Guest !

    Welcome to the new 500Eboard forum, post-migration to XenForo. Please feel free to do the following:

    1) Explore, click, tweak your settings, enjoy

    2) Check out the new "skins" link at the bottom left of the main page, to change the look and feel (color scheme/graphics) of the forum to your preference

    3) Let me know of any errors you find. I am hard at work in the coming days and weeks to get things tweaked correctly, and I know there are plenty of small tweaks. Feel free to post in the "XenForo Migration" thread anything you find, or have questions about.

134A Schrader valve leak


E500E Newbie
Hi everyone.. I have a slight freon leak from the schrader valve located beside the condenser. Question is... do I need to replace the whole condenser or just the valve? If it's just the valve, is it a generic one used in other cars or is it an MB specific part.

Can someone share the part number please.



.036 Hoonigan™, E500E Boffin
Staff member
The valve can be replaced separately. Only use OE / Genuine MB valves. I bought aftermarket (too cheap to resist) and was not impressed with the design or build quality. I bought a new OE valve and it was visibly different. I haven't installed yet, need to discharge / evac the system, etc.

The valve at the low-pressure service port is different of course, I'd consider changing both while the system is open.



.036 Hoonigan™, E500E Boffin
Staff member
Pretty sure a bicycle valve will work. I've repaired them with puncture repair kits from walmart
Nope. The 134a ports do not use replaceable Schrader valves like the older R-12 ports. With 134a, you have to unscrew the entire port from the pipe. At least, the ones I've seen do not appear to have removable internal parts.

Aftermarket high-side port is ~$5, OE is ~$19 list.