• Hi Guest !

Welcome to the new 500Eboard forum, post-migration to XenForo. Please feel free to do the following:

1) Explore, click, tweak your settings, enjoy

2) Check out the new "skins" link at the bottom left of the main page, to change the look and feel (color scheme/graphics) of the forum to your preference

3) Let me know of any errors you find. I am hard at work in the coming days and weeks to get things tweaked correctly, and I know there are plenty of small tweaks. Feel free to post in the "XenForo Migration" thread anything you find, or have questions about.

2nd Choice and easy fit wheels for E420

Hello Guys,
i could not find a reasonable price for the MB forged CLK wheels for my daily driver. I couldn't drive on the old 15's a day longer. I found these wheels in Miami and they cleared the car everywhere through full travel. These wheels also clear the front calipers by millimeters. No spacers. Just a 16x7 wheel.
Thanks for wheel write ups in this forum.
Witt

image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg

garrison

E500E Newbie
thanks, whitt1962 ... fyi ... we installed a set of these same wheels on our '95 E320 several years back ... like you, I could not drive on with those 15" OE's ... besides, the availability of V or Z rated tires in the 15" size were zip ... on my '92 400e, I've been running the 16 X 8 mercedes 8 hole wheels for several years ... everything clears ... and I run the 215x55x16 bridgestone potenza re960s ... these are about due for replacement with the Conti same-size dws ... better buy and quieter on dry pavement ... have those installed on the e320 ... by the way, what's a fair price for a set of these CLK wheels?

regards,
garrison
'92 400E @ 247k
'95 E320 @ 191k

Thanks Garrison,
And thank you for the additional information. I couldn't find any of the CLK wheels that were in acceptable condition, even for a daily driver. Condition is relative to all of us. I believe 1000 dollars would have been fair for the CLK wheels. I have 2 other projects and couldn't justify the cost on the DD/ 420.
Cheers,
Witt

gsxr

.036 Hoonigan™, E500E Boffin
Staff member
Just to clarify - Witt, do you mean $1k value for the forged CLK wheels that are hard to find, or $1k for the set of non-forged you have on the car now?

:blink:

garrison

E500E Newbie
Witt,

I intended to ask you about what a set of wheels like you installed were currently worth ... I am familiar with those light-weight CLK aluminum wheels and those, indeed, are a bit more rare ... nonetheless, I recall a set for sale mentioned on our 500 board maybe six months back, pick up only, for something like $300 +/- and maybe they were in South Carolina ...

regards,
garrison

No Worries Guys.

CLK Forged wheels/ I found from 500 to 800 dollars. Poor to Good condition.

The 2003 wheels on my car now/ 500 dollars. Excellent condition with low mileage tires.
All the Best.
Witt

gsxr

.036 Hoonigan™, E500E Boffin
Staff member
Thanks, Witt! That's been my experience too. I picked up one used forged wheel from an eBay seller "spun on a balancer, guaranteed straight" and it was all kinds of bent. They claimed it must have happened in shipping (yeah - right). At least I got my money back, but it was a hassle and waste of time. I've seen crazy prices for used forged 16's, if you really want a set, just fork out the ~$1300 for a brand new set from a discount dealer. That way you know they are flawless.

Glad you found a nice set of alternate wheels, with good tires too!

:bbq: