• Hi Guest !

Welcome to the new 500Eboard forum, post-migration to XenForo. Please feel free to do the following:

1) Explore, click, tweak your settings, enjoy

2) Check out the new "skins" link at the bottom left of the main page, to change the look and feel (color scheme/graphics) of the forum to your preference

3) Let me know of any errors you find. I am hard at work in the coming days and weeks to get things tweaked correctly, and I know there are plenty of small tweaks. Feel free to post in the "XenForo Migration" thread anything you find, or have questions about.

Almandin 500E long going restoration.

SayHey

After one summer of riding this car i have decided to restore it to condition like new, so tons of new spare parts were bought:

Attachments

SayHey

More photos:

Attachments

SayHey

Still more photos:

Attachments

SayHey

As I am a big fan of brabus in 90's I am trying to ,ake ,y 500e as brabus as possible :agree:

My small wheel collection, All staggered. And other stuff:

Attachments

KarlC

E500E Newbie
WOW your not kidding, thats a ton of new parts, great work !

Welcome to the board its good to have you here !

TerryA

Welcome Aboard SayHey,

WOW!!!, That's a lot of parts. Boy you jumped in with both feet. I feel like a kid in a candy store looking at all of those parts.

Are you going the work your self or paying a Resto-Guy to do it. I'm sure everybody on this board will be checking in on your progress.
It looks like you have the photos covered, keep them coming.

There are lots of knowledgeable members here that are willing to help when and if you need it.

Good Luck with the project.

Take Care

Last edited:

SayHey

I'm from St/ Petersburg, Russia

All wrenching i am doing by myself with some help from friends.

Bodywork, exhaust, some work with leather interior will be done in another place by qualified masters.

Now I am waiting for my turn to go to bodywork and after that i will start assembling.

There are a lot of parts to buy but i plan to finish for the next summer)

caddymike77

89560SEC
hi looks like you have a lot of work ahead of you. good luck with iti just joined the board just bought a 94 e500 also I was wondering if anybody has any seats in light gray for my car ?the problem I have is that I don't know anybody that got new skins from any of these aftermarket companies to compare to original leather.i don't just want to throw something in there well best of luck with it

J-Sauce

N2O Junkie
Hey sayhey! Ive been following you on Instagram for some time now, glad to see you here! Man, that is some collection of parts, thanks for posting the pics. I would also like to know the part number for the injector rebuild.

I'm sure members here would also love if you'd post up info on the RS6 brake setup you have up front. Those brakes look fantastic!

Also, do you still have those T-Shirts for sale? I think we could get a group buy together to ship a box over from russia to the US, they look great.

Cheers!
Justin

gsxr

.036 Hoonigan™, E500E Boffin
Staff member
Justin, the brakes shown in this thread appear to be the late factory 320mm Ate... where are the pics of the RS6 brakes? And pics of the shirts?

:apl:

sheward

Great looking car,thanks for sharing. Keep us up to date.

Yes, where are shirts and brake pics?

drew

jhodg5ck

"Nit-Picky and, Bitter Mechanic"
Nice collection/Great start to a freshening project!

St.Petersburg is one of my fav cities...beautiful there...!~

Jono

036/199

E500E Newbie
Impressive amount of work and parts involved!
Looking forward to see the progress!
Greetings from Helsinki...

Yikes that is a serious amount of parts! Good on you for doing this resto. Almandine is just an incredible color. Carry on, and yes, we need T shirts!

TerryA

SayHey,

That's a great shirt. If that's you in the photo is your real name 'The Transporter' ??? AUDI RS6 Brakes Is this a coincidence ?? Just Saying.

Take Care

Last edited:

SayHey

There is no problem to fit RS6 brakes on the front.
PCD is the same, the inly problem is a dust shield and you need to make a custom caliper mount.
As for the photo - I have just put them on without mounting while changing brake lines on my RS6.

I am planning to find good set of Alcon Brabus brakes or new set of Bembo GT.
This will be cheaper.

gsxr

.036 Hoonigan™, E500E Boffin
Staff member
Beatiuful work! Just FYI... you have the wrong thermostat. The one in your photo is for later (1995-up) models of the M119.

Your engine will use the early type thermostat. Photo below:

:rugby:

Melville

Also any update on the possibility of getting T-shirts made and sent to the US?

Great thread. I'm looking forward to more pics and updates.

SayHey

There are not so many updates, as i am trying to save money for brembo brakes and looking for a good place to make body work.

I have foun a pair of recaro cse seats and ordered adaptors for them to fit in the car.

The next thing I am planning to do is to strip the body and to take it to bodyshop.

Attachments

500AMM

E500E explorer
I'm from St/ Petersburg, Russia

All wrenching i am doing by myself with some help from friends.

Bodywork, exhaust, some work with leather interior will be done in another place by qualified masters.

Now I am waiting for my turn to go to bodywork and after that i will start assembling.

There are a lot of parts to buy but i plan to finish for the next summer)
Hello SayHey - and welcome to the board!

You are into some great restoration work, it is nice to see so many new parts. Keep up the great work! :)

Cheers
Arnt
:arnt:

Last edited:

SayHey

Hello SayHey - and welcome to the board!

You are into some great restoration work, it is nice to see so many new parts. Keep up the great work! :)

Cheers
Arnt
:arnt:

(I see you are located in St.Pete. I am working with several employees from there in FMC Technologies. I am going over on a business trip as soon as I am getting the visa, guess it takes about a month.)
Thanks!
Norway is great! I have been theew 2 weeks ago,

500AMM

E500E explorer

Attachments

SayHey

Yeah, i sat at a tip)
we have been for a week there visiting preikestolen, trolltunga, jotunheimen, trollstein
great places! I will come back for sure!

no, i didnt try to buy parts from him. I am buying from a company based in moscow.
and all brabus parts are from germany and japan