• Hi Guest !

Welcome to the new 500Eboard forum, post-migration to XenForo. Please feel free to do the following:

1) Explore, click, tweak your settings, enjoy

2) Check out the new "skins" link at the bottom left of the main page, to change the look and feel (color scheme/graphics) of the forum to your preference

3) Let me know of any errors you find. I am hard at work in the coming days and weeks to get things tweaked correctly, and I know there are plenty of small tweaks. Feel free to post in the "XenForo Migration" thread anything you find, or have questions about.

Bosch fuel injectors - M117 5.6 motors

gerryvz

Site Honcho
Staff member
It appears that over the past 4-6 months, that the price of Bosch CIS fuel injectors has gone up from the ~$30 range (apiece) to more than $50. Just a word to the wise. MB list price on these injectors is around $77, for comparison. That's a huge price jump.

gerryvz

Site Honcho
Staff member
Hey Yasin,

Generally once these injectors are worn (and I'm talking past their service life of about 80-90K miles) they are not worth cleaning and pop-testing. It's really designed to be a throw-away item and new injectors should be purchased. My last set (I referenced in the HOW-TO on injector replacement) lasted nearly 200K miles, but they were WAAAAY beyond their service life and they should have been replaced years ago. What a huge difference the new set of injectors made. I had a couple of leaky ones and this caused rough running for approximately 5-10 seconds after every start (warm or cold) as the excess fuel burned off in the combustion chambers.

My mileage also went up about 1 MPG after changing them, probably due to more efficient burning and better spray patterns.

Cheers,
Gerry

slownrusty

~BANNED~
Cool Gerry. Understood, I might have to look at replacing mine sometime, I am sure your can also ran much smoother as well? I wonder if any of mine have the case of the "dribbles"...hmmm.

Yasin

jhodg5ck

"Nit-Picky and, Bitter Mechanic"
FWIW, if you Can, what ever set you end up with, have them pop and flow tested prior, I've seen some pretty nasty deviation b/w new injectors direct from Bosch. As Most of MB's bits, I suspect the A stock is what becomes Genuine etc, etc..

jono

gerryvz

Site Honcho
Staff member
I'm going to remove the injectors on the SEL I just got and have them tested before I order anything.

I have a very slight hesitation (mainly when the car is warm) right from a stop sign, for about 1/4 second on initial acceleration. Going to run some CIS tests, inspect the airflow plate this weekend, check the linkages, etc. Fuel distributor and EHA are recent, and I think they are probably OK.