• Hi Guest !

Welcome to the new 500Eboard forum, post-migration to XenForo. Please feel free to do the following:

1) Explore, click, tweak your settings, enjoy

2) Check out the new "skins" link at the bottom left of the main page, to change the look and feel (color scheme/graphics) of the forum to your preference

3) Let me know of any errors you find. I am hard at work in the coming days and weeks to get things tweaked correctly, and I know there are plenty of small tweaks. Feel free to post in the "XenForo Migration" thread anything you find, or have questions about.

Deals on Buying New Tires

Ntrepid

In preparation for selling my car, I just purchased 5 new Michelin tires from Jeff0093 (he used to own Jlaa's car) who has a shop in Connecticut. As I've done with him three times now, the process is simple:

1. Place an order with Jeff (he can help choose the best tires)
  2. Pay Jeff's company (www.autotechnic.net)
  3. Pickup the tires at the warehouse closest to you
Prices are on par with Tire Rack and you pay no sales tax or shipping. Tires are usually ready for pickup in 24-48 hours from order placement. You then take it to your favorite shop for mounting and balancing.

On top of all of this, some of the manufacturers now have rebates on the tires which Jeff submits on your behalf. I'm getting $70 back from Michelin in 4-6 weeks.

Robert

jeff0093

Robert,

Thanks for the nice review, usually the cost of the tires are less then Tire Rack. In this case of Michelins Premier A/S they were 12% less then the Rack or a savings of $20.99 per tire.

Another satisfied customer - I echo Robert's comments on pricing and outstanding service. Without any haggling whatsoever Jeff got me to a price point on Michelin's that was well below anything I could find online or locally. And that included shipping *and* the Michelin rebate on top off it all. Tires received today to my door without having to lift a finger.

Outstanding deal if you're in the market for tires.

gerryvz

Site Honcho
Staff member
I want to also give jeff0093 my strong "Kudos" for the most seamless and fast buying experience I've ever had with tires. I got a set of staggered 18" Michelin Pilot Sport 4S tires and saved almost a couple hundred dollars over other sources, and more than a couple hundred dollars over other sources. All I had to do was drive 30 minutes to the warehouse in Hanover, MD (next to the Baltimore Airport) to go pick them up. The paperwork was waiting for me. I'll be buying a second set of tires in a few weeks.

I believe the Pilot Sport 4S tires replace the Pilot Super Sport units.

Thanks again Jeff for doing this for all of us.

Recommend that if others are in the market for new tires, jeff0093 is the way to go.

Trae

I bought two sets of Pilot Sport 4S tires.
They ride and handle great.
Sorry I didn't know about Jeff's deal.

Last edited:

jeff0093

Thanks Gerry,

I'm happpy the pick up went smooth. If anyone else needs tire advice or great pricing let me know. Usually I can find a local tire center for local pick up across the country or I can always ship in at minimum cost.

jeff@autotechnic.net
(203) 788-8635 call or text
or PM me through this great site.

Jeff-

a777fan

+11 billion on Jeff’s offerings.

Won’t ever buy anywhere else again! Can’t say that enough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jimbo

Thanks Gerry,

I'm happpy the pick up went smooth. If anyone else needs tire advice or great pricing let me know. Usually I can find a local tire center for local pick up across the country or I can always ship in at minimum cost.

jeff@autotechnic.net
(203) 788-8635 call or text
or PM me through this great site.

Jeff-
Hey, can folks come down to your shop and have them mounted properly and with care...or are your tire techs gorillas?

jeff0093

Hey, can folks come down to your shop and have them mounted properly and with care...or are your tire techs gorillas?
Hey Jimbo long time no talk,

Sure we can take care of that for you, are you still at the shop you were working with? I have a nice Hunter mounting machine that's touchless, give me a call anytime.

Jeff-

Jimbo

Thanks Jeff ! TOTALLY appreciate :cool:

I might bring them down some Saturday to have you guys mount them up right.

Yes, my shop did hire some gorillas. I can't do any rims/tires with them anymore.

Ntrepid

Thanks again to Jeff.

:man:

I just purchased tires for my DD - a 2000 ML55 with 191Kmi (which I have owned since February 2001 with 1500mi). The issue I have run into with this car is the size tires (285/50/18) the car came with no manufacturer makes anymore. So I moved to a Pirelli Scorpion Zero in a 285/55/18 which I have gone through 3 sets. Now those tires are NLA. So I called Jeff and said I need some new tires and he conscientiously worked through the math to give me a set which will not affect the transfer case yet still work for the performance characteristics of the car (heavy & high powered). So I am off to pick those tires up today with no shipping, no sales tax, and $22/tire less than Tire Rack!

I really appreciate it. Can't get this level of service from an 800 number or through a knuckle dragger mechanic.

FYI there is still an offer from Michelin for a $70 gift car for purchases made on or before 14 December.

Robert

P.S. This is the 3rd purchase I have made as Jeff makes it so easy.

Last edited:

ghm

Another shout-out for Jeff! Just picked up a set of tires for my C36. Great advice, great price, and smooth process.

gerryvz

Site Honcho
Staff member
Another shout-out for Jeff! Just this week picked up a set of Michelin All-season Pilot Sports for our Lexus. Smooth and easy pickup in Sterling, VA.

Cheapest price EVER for Michylens!

jeff0093

Thanks everyone $70 rebates are going on right now on the Michelin and $50 on the BFGs. BTW: I might not have a 500E anymore, but I just picked up a semi-slower W124, I will post soon!!!

7delta

I reached out to Jeff a couple weeks back. Never got a reply... What’s the best way to communicate ? I called and left a VM.