• Hi Guest !

Welcome to the new 500Eboard forum, post-migration to XenForo. Please feel free to do the following:

1) Explore, click, tweak your settings, enjoy

2) Check out the new "skins" link at the bottom left of the main page, to change the look and feel (color scheme/graphics) of the forum to your preference

3) Let me know of any errors you find. I am hard at work in the coming days and weeks to get things tweaked correctly, and I know there are plenty of small tweaks. Feel free to post in the "XenForo Migration" thread anything you find, or have questions about.

Easy way to defeat ASR.. pop a fuse?

thulsadoom

E500E Newbie
I've got an ASR defeat switch installed, but apparently it was put out of action by my mech somehow. I'm due for rear tires, and I've always wanted to burn some 1st gear rubber in an empty lot. I could swear that I once had a fuse go that took out both the ASR and the ABS, but neither of those is listed on the fuse cheat sheet. Is there an easy way to knock out the ASR?

Glen

Site Admin, auto enthusiast...
Staff member
The easiest way to temporarily disable ASR (and ABS) is to disconnect one of the front wheel ABS sensors. This is easily accomplished as the connector is accessible near each front strut tower in the engine bay. Somewhere on the site is a picture...

J-Sauce

N2O Junkie
Glen is right, but keep in mind: ! ! ! YOU WILL ALSO LOSE ABS FUNCTION ! ! ! Glen mentioned this but I just wanted to make it blatantly obvious to anyone reading this thread in the future that you will lose both simultaneously. So proceed with caution and only use this method temporarily. :e500launch:

thulsadoom

E500E Newbie
Of course, popping the connector out from its brittle plastic mount broke the clip.. but now I'm finding out just how much I do not enjoy ASR. Maybe it's the sticky 275s out back, but it is much easier now to gauge and regulate the power that gets to the ground. Living in So Cal without rain, ice or snow, I think I'm permanently leaving it disconnected! Plus I don't think the ABS has ever kicked in except when I tested it on a lumpy road where it was horrible.

J-Sauce

N2O Junkie
You won't miss ABS, until the one time you need it and it's not there. Do yourself a favor and plug it back in and do it the right way. It's 3 hours of work and $25 in parts that could potentially save your vehicle, or even your life or that of someone else.