• Hi Guest !

Welcome to the new 500Eboard forum, post-migration to XenForo. Please feel free to do the following:

1) Explore, click, tweak your settings, enjoy

2) Check out the new "skins" link at the bottom left of the main page, to change the look and feel (color scheme/graphics) of the forum to your preference

3) Let me know of any errors you find. I am hard at work in the coming days and weeks to get things tweaked correctly, and I know there are plenty of small tweaks. Feel free to post in the "XenForo Migration" thread anything you find, or have questions about.

EGR Vacuum Line Question

emerydc8

I was checking out the line that goes to my EGR and noticed that when I pulled the rubber connector off and blew air into it, I could hear air hissing out behind the EGR switchover solenoids, behind the windshield washer reservoir. Air moves freely through this line when pulling a vacuum as well as blowing through it. This is both with the engine running and off.

Can anyone verify they are getting the same?

I'm not sure it's supposed to do this and I'm trying to see if maybe I have a bad switchover solenoid somewhere. Thanks.

gsxr

.036 Hoonigan™, E500E Boffin
Staff member
Jon, I think that is normal when the solenoid is not energized - the actuator side (EGR) is vented to atmosphere, and the source side (engine) is sealed.

You want to test at the single hose that provides vacuum source from the engine TO the pair of solenoids, that should hold vacuum when applied with Mity-Vac. It's the connector at the front of the intake manifold, near the EGR valve.

:tigger: