• Hi Guest !

Welcome to the new 500Eboard forum, post-migration to XenForo. Please feel free to do the following:

1) Explore, click, tweak your settings, enjoy

2) Check out the new "skins" link at the bottom left of the main page, to change the look and feel (color scheme/graphics) of the forum to your preference

3) Let me know of any errors you find. I am hard at work in the coming days and weeks to get things tweaked correctly, and I know there are plenty of small tweaks. Feel free to post in the "XenForo Migration" thread anything you find, or have questions about.

EPC Confirmed to be Phased Out with new replacement coming: XPPIS / ISPPI

gerryvz

Site Honcho
Staff member
This (attached) information has been posted as of this month when you log into the EPC system hosted by Mercedes-Benz.

If folks in the know can provide more details as to what is coming, it would be appreciated.

Cheers,
Gerry

Attachments

jhodg5ck

"Nit-Picky and, Bitter Mechanic"
Re: EPC Confirmed to be Phased Out with new replacement coming

oh that's spiffy...

That said, you can get a HDD w/ SDS/EPC/WIS for pretty darn cheap these days.

Bogeyman

Don't tell me they might actually be coming with something that is MAC compatible.

gerryvz

Site Honcho
Staff member

I wonder if this means that the entire WIS+EPC system is going to be changed.

Shouldn't really affect any of us with the .036....

gerryvz

Site Honcho
Staff member

Info that was sent to one EPC customer by EPC support:

Hello,

While EPCnet Online is indeed being replaced later this year, rest assured we will continue to offer a similar system in the future. The details have not yet been settled, but once they are, an announcement will go out. In the meantime, the present EPCnet Online application will continue to be available

Thank you,

EPCnet Online Support

Eno

It’s called XENTRY Portal Parts Information System will be active and go live world wide on 06 August 2018.
There is also an e-learning module for staff.
It’s reported to be in 3-D as per what I was told.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

gsxr

.036 Hoonigan™, E500E Boffin
Staff member

It’s called XENTRY Portal Parts Information System will be active and go live world wide on 06 August 2018.
XPPIS doesn't roll off the tongue as smoothly as EPC. (And, XPISS may be more accurate, lol... time will tell!)

:blink:

Guys: I forgot to mention when I was at my dealer recently they told me about the new system. Yes, its called Xentry and combines the parts look up and ordering functions plus additional enhancements. The parts guys are already using it. They gave a power steering pump as an example. On one screen the part is shown along with units on hand at every US warehouse and Germany. Screen also displays the filter part number, fluid specification and quantity needed. Parts manager said the dealers have been clamoring for an updated system for a long time.
Unfort. they didn't have any news on the consumer EPC but Gerry's post is encouraging.

Regards,

Peter Weissman

gerryvz

Site Honcho
Staff member

I will head down to my local stealership's parts department and see what this system looks like, assuming they have it installed.

If I can snap a few photos with my mobular phone, I will do so.

Cheers,
Gerry

gsxr

Staff member

I will head down to my local stealership's parts department and see what this system looks like, assuming they have it installed.

If I can snap a few photos with my mobular phone, I will do so.
Sweet. Have them look up inventory on those elusive 500E Euro headlamp lenses (pre-facelift).

:124:

nocfn

E500E Guru

Word from Renee is that it is ostensibly the same, except for the way the process orders, and coordinating all of it or the shipping side. I spoke to others in Irvine and they are not looking forward to the change as they have been using one thing forever :D

So my research with the retail subscription the folks just have no knowledge of when we will get the new version, and what will happen with our subscription for the old. They are just not yet informed yet, so don't take it as they are not being flexible -- something will be made available to us on a retail subscription basis before year end. Just they are not authorized to speculate I guess I should say as to when, price and current subscription status for old interface.

Rouven036

.036 Info God (aka "Big R")

Some update here, now rest of world faced/facing the closure of epc. Xentry is the name of the general platform where epc or parts job is a part off. It looks a bit different but is working according to the same group system as epc.

Attachments

alabbasi

Mercedes Flopper

Probably need more database fields given that they have about 50 cars in their new model lineup.

Rouven036

.036 Info God (aka "Big R")

Also more flexibility of interchanging data between the different programs of the platform where epc is at the edge and can't cope with future requirements.

gerryvz

Site Honcho
Staff member

Looks like it is browser-based, and not dependent on Java. That means it may well be usable from non-Winblows platforms.

:wahoo:

RicardoD

Looks like it is browser-based, and not dependent on Java. That means it may well be usable from non-Winblows platforms.
I was hoping for same, and especially hoping some form of consumer access is provided, but doubtful. My knockoff EPC continues to work fine on my Mac for now.

gerryvz

Site Honcho
Staff member

They’ve said they will provide consumer access, at least equivalent to what is out there today with the EPC.

TECHNOLOGY MARCHES on....

It’s good they are coming into the 21st century with the parts system. It will be a painful learning curve but I’d bet there will be many advantages to the new system.

nocfn

E500E Guru

Their communication with me has been "nothing has changed" since you asked last month and that was received this morning. Renee at Naperville says besides the look of the sorftware to end user, many things are the same but very different for them. Grouping orders from separate locations is a nightmare for them, but code is changing based on demand. Others who casually spoke and request anonymity, classically said they are not looking forward to learning a new system but of course will smile and get up to speed asap!

gerryvz

Site Honcho
Staff member
Re: EPC Confirmed to be Phased Out with new replacement coming: XPPIS

My annual EPC subscription expired on Sept. 2nd.

There is a link to renew it, just the same as before. I am reticent to spend the $75 to renew it at this point, as the new system is supposed to be phased in in the coming weeks or months. I don't want to make the investment and then have it nullified just a little while after making it.

At this point, MB is still offering the old EPC subscription setup.

Does anyone have any updates on the new system, and when it will be made available to punters like myself?

Cheers,
Gerry

emerydc8

I'm just hoping we can still order parts using the old part numbers. Do we even know if that is going to stay the same?

gsxr

Staff member

I'm just hoping we can still order parts using the old part numbers. Do we even know if that is going to stay the same?
Part numbers shouldn't change. Seems they are just integrating part lookup functionality into Xentry, just like DAS got rolled into Xentry a few years ago. They're trying to make it one-stop-shopping for techs, is my guess.

:pc1:

RicardoD

I don’t think this is about part number changes, but a change in the entire system in terms of the old java platform to something more modern and probably entire web based.

My 2015 copy of EPC will still work just fine. But eager to see if I can dump that for a newer web based interface.

jhodg5ck

"Nit-Picky and, Bitter Mechanic"

I don’t think this is about part number changes, but a change in the entire system in terms of the old java platform to something more modern and probably entire web based.

My 2015 copy of EPC will still work just fine. But eager to see if I can dump that for a newer web based interface.
Yeah, I bet it's a move away from Java....and more intergration....the bouncing around is a PITA. Esp going from wiring/star finder call outs and then finding it in epc....time suck.

Jono

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

nocfn

E500E Guru
EPC Switch over to ISPPI coming to current Subscribers

Hey Gang, EPC folks have announced the switchover to the new format on 11/25/2018 and you as a subscriber will get new logon credentials.

This will be for the ISPPI Independent Service Provider Parts Information, help documentation will also be provided to assist navigation and usage of IPPI. Check junk mail if you don't see the email....

gerryvz

Site Honcho
Staff member
EPC Switch over to ISPPI coming to current Subscribers

Please combine this IS pee-pee news with the existing EPC thread, thank you. I cannot so this at the moment.

nocfn

E500E Guru
Re: EPC Switch over to ISPPI coming to current Subscribers

Sorry - I searched for an existing one but not by user. I am so ashamed...

Thanks for combining the threads... (GSXR?)

Last edited:

RicardoD

Hey Gang, EPC folks have announced the switchover to the new format on 11/25/2018 and you as a subscriber will get new logon credentials.

This will be for the ISPPI Independent Service Provider Parts Information, help documentation will also be provided to assist navigation and usage of IPPI. Check junk mail if you don't see the email....
Cool, let us know what the changes are when system goes live. For now my VirtualBox setup and 2015 EPC version is working great for me.

nocfn

E500E Guru
Depending on which device, i use your setup, especially for the 2014 E350.

I am sure this will be interesting

gerryvz

Site Honcho
Staff member

Sorry - I searched for an existing one but not by user. I am so ashamed...

Thanks for combining the threads... (GSXR?)
:searchdammit:

I’m moving him over to the forum group specifically for our shared members with TFTSNBN..... :gsxr2:

gsxr

Staff member
latest update is migration credentials to subscribers by 12/14/2018

Here is the user guide...
Appears to be the same back-end data and diagrams, with a spiffy new UI (user interface). Time will tell if it's actually any easier to use, or offers any real-world functionality improvements. I'll be sticking with my eBay-sourced EPC-net native install for a while. MB rarely updates anything on 90's, 80's, or older models anyway. The new XPISS will mostly be needed if you are DIY wrenching on your 2019 or newer MB.

:banana1:

nocfn

E500E Guru
yes the VM I have has a wealth more knowledge for my 2014 A207 and once that is out of the MX contract, I shall be doing the required MX on that one myself.

gerryvz

Site Honcho
Staff member
I did notice that the planned credential provision deadline stated by MB for IS-Pee-Pee had passed.

Thanks for the update.

gerryvz

Site Honcho
Staff member
One good thing about the Pee-Pee is that it looks like it is platform-agnostic, meaning it can run natively on a Mac and does not require Java any longer.

nocfn

E500E Guru
Agree, that is a huge deal - very late, kind of like IBM fanfare for embracing the cloud, or OS2 operating system in 90.

LWB250

"But - but - he'll see the big board!!!"
Agree, that is a huge deal - very late, kind of like IBM fanfare for embracing the cloud, or OS2 operating system in 90.
That was OS/2 Warp, sir. :agree: I believe I still have my copy somewhere in the closet...

My dealer people says the change was nothing significant for them. The fact that it's browser based is definitely a Good Thing for everyone.

Dan

alabbasi

Mercedes Flopper
Oh yeah, I bought my first PC from a company called in 1994 Escom and it had OS/2 Warp installed. Pentium 75Mhz with an 850MB hard drive. I thought that I would never run out of disc space :)

That was OS/2 Warp, sir. :agree: I believe I still have my copy somewhere in the closet...

My dealer people says the change was nothing significant for them. The fact that it's browser based is definitely a Good Thing for everyone.

Dan

gerryvz

Site Honcho
Staff member

Dan
This transition to the Pee-Pee is going to be challenging for GSXR, as he is still running the old “green screen” EPC on his Windows ME/Vista system.

gsxr

Staff member
Trucktec hoses file? Sacrilege!!
Yup! That was to show how to identify the poor-quality aftermarket item compared to OE. No Trucktec hoses are in use on any of my vehicles. 500E flambé isn't my taste.

:duck:

gerryvz

Site Honcho
Staff member
....dated 2008 for the file upload.
http://124performance.com/images/M119/LH/

I was only using the old DOS-based stuff circa 2000, before the newfangled EPC-net came out. The screen shots are actually from an old Euro Compact, which still had the very early LH module supercession info. This info was unfortunately deleted from later EPC's.
DOS?!? Really? Oh man, it's worse than I thought, folks.

I have an original CD copy of Windows 2000, with the serial number sticker on the case, that I would be glad to send you. It would at least get you into this century.

Wish I'd have known this a couple of days ago, as I would have enclosed it with the check I sent you for the LH EPROMS.

gsxr

Staff member
Nah, it didn't require DOS to run... needed Windoze 95, 98, NT4.0, or W2K in NT4 compatibility mode.

However the interface was DOS/UNIX in appearance. Ah, the good ol' days, when 124 parts were all still available...

:tumble:

Attachments