• Hi Guest !

Welcome to the new 500Eboard forum, post-migration to XenForo. Please feel free to do the following:

1) Explore, click, tweak your settings, enjoy

2) Check out the new "skins" link at the bottom left of the main page, to change the look and feel (color scheme/graphics) of the forum to your preference

3) Let me know of any errors you find. I am hard at work in the coming days and weeks to get things tweaked correctly, and I know there are plenty of small tweaks. Feel free to post in the "XenForo Migration" thread anything you find, or have questions about.

European License Plate

portiadog1

E500E Newbie
Given that we don't have to have front plates in NC, I would like to mount a German plate to the front of my 500E. Is a European plate mount necessary? Either way, I would like to replace the current mount, which has two tabs sticking down below the bumper. Thanks in advance.

KarlC

E500E Newbie
Given that we don't have to have front plates in NC, I would like to mount a German plate to the front of my 500E. Is a European plate mount necessary? Either way, I would like to replace the current mount, which has two tabs sticking down below the bumper. Thanks in advance.
You can ezaly find real eruo plates and frames on Ebay along with custom euro plates that say what ever you like.

bing

All u need to do is remove the existing US style plate mount, then get euro plate holder like elbeik suggested or u can just screw directly on the bumper cut-out when the mount is removed.

Search for "Wurth" euro plate holders . By far the best quality!

Last edited:

Jimbo

No, a European plate adaptor/mount is not necessary. The bumper was designed for a rectangular euro plate from the get go.

Just remove the US plate holder, or the bump strip filler piece, if you have either with a Philips screwdriver.

You'll want a plastic European plate surround/holder tho so you don't have to drill thru your new plate to install it. But you can drill your plate also if you wan to ...no foul.

Maui

Zivil Ingenieur
plate.JPG

I have a euro plate that reads 500E. It isn't real but looks good on the wall of my shop.

Last edited:

2phast

You should look at your state laws concerning plates issued from "other" governments. In Washington, we have to have front license plates, and there is one RCW code to address that. There is also another RCW code that addresses using plates issued from foreign governments. For example, if I run my Washington state front license plate and below it a euro plate, I can be cited for "using a foreign issued license plate" on my vehicle. If I ran just the euro plate, it would be two fines (no Washington plate and using a plate issued by a foreign government)

portiadog1

E500E Newbie
Thanks everyone. I ordered a plain frame off Amazon, and ordered a custom plate, SUMMRLADY from another site a few days ago. I haven't been able to figure out why, but my 2.5 year old son has taken to calling the 500E his "summer lady".

2phast, we have no rules on front plates, and on antique cars you can actually register a custom fake or genuine antique plate to your car.