• Hi Guest !

Welcome to the new 500Eboard forum, post-migration to XenForo. Please feel free to do the following:

1) Explore, click, tweak your settings, enjoy

2) Check out the new "skins" link at the bottom left of the main page, to change the look and feel (color scheme/graphics) of the forum to your preference

3) Let me know of any errors you find. I am hard at work in the coming days and weeks to get things tweaked correctly, and I know there are plenty of small tweaks. Feel free to post in the "XenForo Migration" thread anything you find, or have questions about.

Front bumper cover removal ? Jammed foglight adjuster

valvfloat

E500E Newbie
i need to remove a foglight due to a jammed adjuster....

from my cursory inspection it appears the cover needs to be removed to gain access to the light...

is it possible to remove the foglight w/o taking off the bumper cover...?

if not, how does one go about removing the cover...?

JordiC

You do not have to take off the bumper to remove the fog light. There is a removable hatch on the panel just below the fog light unit. Each lamp has 3 screws. Unfortunately I could not get the units to fit through the little hatch no matter what orientation I used, so I just un-clipped the lower protective panel and pulled it aside in order to squeeze the lamps out. Without enough clearance you can expect your forearms to get scratched up a bit. On one of my lamps the piece that accepts the adjustment screw broke off. I used a little Aquamend putty to hold it in place until I get around to ordering a new unit.

500AMM

E500E explorer
....Unfortunately I could not get the units to fit through the little hatch no matter what orientation I used, so I just un-clipped the lower protective panel and pulled it aside in order to squeeze the lamps out....
Hi.

The small hatch is only for inspection and changing bulbs. I would recommend to loosen the inner plastic fender all the way up to the shocker/strut. It's 5-6 screws & nuts only, and it easily comes off and give you very good access and work space. Thanks to the W124-quality with its rational solutions, it is so nice to work on and allows for a lot of DIY. Compared to many other car types is the W124 inner plastic fender really made to get off - in one piece - with all attachements still in place..!

Happy DIY. :)

Cheers
-arnt-