• Hi Guest !

Welcome to the new 500Eboard forum, post-migration to XenForo. Please feel free to do the following:

1) Explore, click, tweak your settings, enjoy

2) Check out the new "skins" link at the bottom left of the main page, to change the look and feel (color scheme/graphics) of the forum to your preference

3) Let me know of any errors you find. I am hard at work in the coming days and weeks to get things tweaked correctly, and I know there are plenty of small tweaks. Feel free to post in the "XenForo Migration" thread anything you find, or have questions about.

FS: 1994 E320 Sportline/AMG Cabriolet, Signal Red/Red, 75kmi, $65k (Los Angeles, CA)

a777fan

Re: C/L hoopties

Now on Craigslist! $40k:

https://losangeles.craigslist.org/wst/cto/d/1994-mercedes-320ce-sportline/6693764917.html

1994 Mercedes 320CE Sportline/AMG Cabriolet - $40000 (LAWNDALE)

A 1994 Mercedes-Benz 320CE(VIN#WDB1240661C0633), factory-built Sportline/AMG A124 delivered to Lucerne, Switzerland, November, 1993. It is the only one of it's kind specifically ordered with a post-production, pre-merger AMG hand-stitched, installed Signal Red Kepler-Recaro, Sportline leather interior.

Features also include original build sheet(s), with sales and operating manuals, wallets (2), and all supplements. It also is equipped with a MB's 1st. 5-Speed Automatic, a 3:69 ASR rearend, and w/rare S-class Infra-red remote Lock-theft-recovery system. It also includes full documented Mercedes-Benz restoration/repair receipts, totaling over $37k. Added accessories include all correct & complete tool, fuse, bulb, first aid and emergency kits, + all period sales literature. The vehicle comes with the rare Daimler-Benz AG's Factory Certificate of Compliance and carries a current permanently registered Montana title.

This stunning Sportline/AMG Cabriolet recently completed a three-plus year remanufacturing, solely under guidance of Mercedes-Benz USA, the Classic Center, Irvine, California USA and Daimler AG, Stuttgart Germany. This rare and stunning example remains original and unmodified, with every system and assembly repaired, replaced as-required toward achieving Daimler's Factory Certification of Compliance.

Historical Note: This special cabriolet was brought into the United States in 1997 by it's original owner, while she cared for her ailing sister in Miami. DOT verified it allowed in vehicles unfederalized, under the promise the car returned with the owner to Europe. The purchase price upon delivery was 118.000,DM(equivalent to $205,000 USD today). The car currently records 121800 kph(75,750 original miles). This special-ordered cabriolet is available by appointment. Located conveniently near LAX or John Wayne International Airports, a scheduled business or personal visit can easily accommodate a private viewing to experience this last ultimate example of Mercedes-Benz "Alles Oder Nichts" traditional craftsmanship. Worthy of your future collection.

Vehicle is located in Redondo Beach, CA USA

within 45 minutes from Port of Los Angeles and Long Beach.
Worldwide Shipping assistance available

[video=youtube;l_l_iIBEJNI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l_l_iIBEJNI[/video]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l_l_iIBEJNI

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

a777fan

Indeed. Yet it hasn’t stopped him from continuing to make that claim.

Doesn’t seem to be helping him much, regardless.

gerryvz

Site Honcho
Staff member
Another $20K price reduction and he’ll likely be able to sell it.

Anyone want to bet on how long it will take to get to a proper selling price?

Maui

Zivil Ingenieur
If it doesn't sell soon the weather will turn against him. I'd be interested at $15k.

msq

Didn't MBCC claim they had nothing to do with this resto?
Yes, I saw them distance themselves from this or germancarsforsaleblog. Also we should not be too hard on the seller, he only left out very minor details - for example that it was a flood car and small stuff like that :eek::eek:

In the comments section on this car in germancarsforsaleblog:

Mercedes-Benz Classic Center, Irvine, CA MAY 8, 2018 AT 7:43 PM

For whatever it’s worth, our Classic Center had no involvement with this vehicle beyond the provision of a factory build sheet some time ago. We did NOT restore the car, nor did we oversee the car’s restoration, nor have we ever sold the owner any parts for it.
We appreciate the tactic of throwing good name into the marketing effort, but only when it’s deserved (and true!).

Last edited:

gerryvz

Site Honcho
Staff member
Now advertised on MercedesHeritage.com:

https://mercedesheritage.com/classified/show-ad?id=382

Still at $40K. Needs to come down another $20-25K to be realistic.

I'm wondering what this "Certificate of Compliance" is -- I've never heard of that. I have seen the certificates that MB sells where you provide them with your VIN and registration and they send you a nice certificate of authenticity, but that is different than a "Certificate of Compliance."

Compliance with WHAT? What rules or standards? Under whose authority?

No mention of the flood damage nor salvage title?

Notes from listing ... same BS as before:

It also includes full documented Mercedes-Benz restoration/repair receipts, totaling over $37k. Added accessories include all correct & complete tool, fuse, bulb, first aid and emergency kits, + all period sales literature. The vehicle comes with the rare Daimler-Benz AG's Factory Certificate of Compliance and carries a current permanently registered Montana title.

This stunning Sportline/AMG Cabriolet recently completed a three-plus year remanufacturing, solely under guidance of Mercedes-Benz USA, the Classic Center, Irvine, California USA and Daimler AG, Stuttgart Germany. This rare and stunning example remains original and unmodified, with every system and assembly repaired, replaced as-required toward achieving Daimler's Factory Certification of Compliance.

ace10

Peanut Gallerist, Flipper Detective
That pics really shows off the uber-crappy paint match on the pax door.

Mighta been where the insurance company adjuster's boat bumped into it.

gerryvz

Site Honcho
Staff member
Is there a forum or site that lists cars for sale where this dramatically overpriced red floodturd has NOT been listed for sale yet?

a777fan

Is there a forum or site that lists cars for sale where this dramatically overpriced red floodturd has NOT been listed for sale yet?
Alibaba?

I’m chuffed to no end that this thing just sits and sits and sits...

ace10

Somehow, I ended up in the really bizarre part of Youtube the other day. And don't tell me that you haven't suddenly found yourself being served some SERIOUSLY weird videos seemingly out of the blue.

Well, this one fits that criteria. Not joking.

So very much creepiness condensed into only one minute and thirty six seconds.

Last edited:

ace10

Having landed on Mr Richard Head's YT channel, I had no choice but to watch this gem once or three times.

Last edited:

a777fan

Somehow, I ended up in the really bizarre part of Youtube the other day. And don't tell me that you haven't suddenly found yourself being served some SERIOUSLY weird videos seemingly out of the blue.

Well, this one fits that criteria. Not joking. So very much creepiness condensed into only one minute and thirty six seconds.
Seriously. Wtf. Icing on the cake was the creepy breathing.

At least we have an explanation for the sh*tty paint match on the door now.

This miiiiight be my fave thread on the entire site. And that says a lot. scha·den·freu·de ftw!