• Hi Guest !

Welcome to the new 500Eboard forum, post-migration to XenForo. Please feel free to do the following:

1) Explore, click, tweak your settings, enjoy

2) Check out the new "skins" link at the bottom left of the main page, to change the look and feel (color scheme/graphics) of the forum to your preference

3) Let me know of any errors you find. I am hard at work in the coming days and weeks to get things tweaked correctly, and I know there are plenty of small tweaks. Feel free to post in the "XenForo Migration" thread anything you find, or have questions about.

FOR SALE FS: Lorinser RS90 17x8.0 ET22 w/less than 5000 miles - $1500 (Atlanta, GA)

nocfn

E500E Guru
Re: FS in Atlanta: Lorinser RS90 8x17 w/less than 5000 miles

GLWS, wish they were et 11 to match
my set.

gerryvz

Site Honcho
Staff member

Have you advertised these over in the 126 sub-forum at The Forum That Shall Not Be Named (TFTSNBN)?

Probably a more focused, and financially well-to-do, audience there.

Jlaa

Have you advertised these over in the 126 sub-forum at The Forum That Shall Not Be Named (TFTSNBN)?

So are you saying that TFTSNBN are the 1%? And we're basically the plebeians?
:) :) :) I certainly feel that way all the time when I look at parts prices and what cars are going for on auction. :-D :-D

maw1124

E500E Enthusiast

The sarcasm is palpable. We may be pompous, but we’re certainly not nit wits. TBH, I don’t even pay attention to what “the masses” are saying, simply because I don’t care. Again, it’s a product of my life. I’m comfortable with it. There’s a bell curve for a reason. These are nice wheels, and I hope they get sold to a good home. But the whole TFTSNBN vs this Board thing — miss me with all that; I’ll pass.

Cheers Gents,

maw

liviu165

Yes, I did post there too, but I am not expecting much. I am not in a hurry, and honestly I am not happy to let them go. They look great and complement the car, but I want a very smooth and quiet ride (the Pentas are 15", which makes the ride very comfortable). Also my basement is full of parts (already two more sets of rims and one more set of wheels in addition to the Lorinsers), so with (very sincere) regret I have to let them go.

What other models (besides W/C126) do they fit? Is it the R107? Anything else? They are 8x17 with ET22.

gerryvz

Site Honcho
Staff member
FS in Atlanta: Lorinser RS90 8x17 w/less than 5000 miles

They’ll work for sure with 107s and 126s and 123s. Perhaps pedestrian 124s too, but we’ll have to have the experts chime in on that front. I do not think they will fit E500Es and 129s without spacers.

That said, TFTSNBN is going to be your best bet. That’s where the REAL 126 playas hang out. We’re just a bunch of pompous nit-wits here.

benzman70

E500E Newbie

liviu165, Are the wheels still available ? Thanks, gary

benzman70

E500E Newbie

liviu,
Have a friend and customer here who would like to have them, you can keep the tires, he is willing to pay $1000.00 for just the wheels, just happen to have his car in for service today and he mentioned he is looking at a set on ebay for a grand, and remebered your wheels for sale. Gary

gsxr

.036 Hoonigan™, E500E Boffin
Staff member

https://atlanta.craigslist.org/atl/wto/d/mercedes-wheels-lorinser-rs90/6693288372.html

Mercedes Wheels Lorinser RS90 8x17, 5k miles (show room condition) - $1500 (Sandy springs)

This is a set of Lorinsers RS90 with offset 22mm and it fits W126, R107 and W124. The tires are Uniroyal Tiger Paw 235/45ZR17, were manufactured week 39 in 2013, have less than 5000 miles, never had any nails and look like new. The rims were Made In Germany by Ronal, are professionally restored, do NOT have any scratches or curb rash, are painted silver and have (almost new) Mercedes center caps. The wheels are in show room condition, are already balanced and you will also receive a brand new set of chromed log bolts.

Due to the size and weight I will not ship, sorry local sale only. The price is FIRM, $1500 cash only.

Do not need any help selling the wheels.

Email: knkhn-6693288372@sale.craigslist.org

Attachments

benzman70

E500E Newbie
liviu, I know you said price was firm, customer was here and he was making the offer even though i showed him the $1500.00 firm price in your ad, so i understand, thanks, gary

liviu165

liviu,
Have a friend and customer here who would like to have them, you can keep the tires, he is willing to pay $1000.00 for just the wheels, just happen to have his car in for service today and he mentioned he is looking at a set on ebay for a grand, and remebered your wheels for sale. Gary
Thank you for keeping my ad in your mind. Unfortunately I am not interested in splitting them. If your friend wants to buy an identical set of rims, after he is done buying the rims and tires separately, balancing and buying a new set of chromed lug bolts, he will be looking close to $2000 (my Pentas approached $1900), not to mention all the trouble. So, I set what I believe is a fair price and I am fine waiting for a different buyer.

Thank you again, Gary.:D

benzman70

E500E Newbie
liviu, I told him it was a good deal for wheels reconditioned and low mileage tires mounted and balanced, he was trying to buy my AMG Aero One 17" wheels which i don't want to sell. Maybe he will think about it and call me back.

liviu165

Spring sale: reduced to $1300 (Paypal or cash). Pick up only.

Sorry, but there will not be any other sale beyond that ... the price is much lower than the value of the wheels. I thought giving it another shot here before advertising on Craigslist (or anywhere else).

gerryvz

Site Honcho
Staff member
My SEC wheels (same Lorinsers, but 16") are ET11. The offset just pushes them outward and fills out the wheel wells a little better. Your wheels are perfectly fine, after all it's only 11mm, a little over 1 cm. Few people are going to really notice.\\

The good thing about your offset is that it is versatile and the wheels will indeed fit many if not most 124s, in addition to 126s, 107s as you mentioned and I think also perhaps 116s.

GLWS. If my wheels weren't 16s, I'd probably take these off your hands as a spare minty-mint set. This style wheel is exceedingly period-correct and appropriate for the 126.