• Hi Guest !

Welcome to the new 500Eboard forum, post-migration to XenForo. Please feel free to do the following:

1) Explore, click, tweak your settings, enjoy

2) Check out the new "skins" link at the bottom left of the main page, to change the look and feel (color scheme/graphics) of the forum to your preference

3) Let me know of any errors you find. I am hard at work in the coming days and weeks to get things tweaked correctly, and I know there are plenty of small tweaks. Feel free to post in the "XenForo Migration" thread anything you find, or have questions about.

Headlights protection film?

Duh_Vinci

Cheers all!

I have a brand new set of Magneti Marelli European headlights on it's way, ugly R129 US version headlights have to go!

Are there any protective film or coating one can suggest that is worth using? I've replaced lenses on my W202 twice last year due to rock chips from highway (but those are $5 at pick-a-part and I have plenty spares), R129 Euro lenses are $$. Would't mind having a little extra barrier. I noticed Ebay is full of "clear film" but is anything worth using?

Regards,
D

samiam44

For the glass lenses, I use Laminx with good sucess. I think they don't get sand-blasted either.

Oh , congrads on getting that R129 back to health. Looks like a nice car. There was one locally a club member purchased at auction which needed lots of minor attention- so he purchased it really cheap at auction.
When I saw it, it had been detailed and he was fighting the minor leaks of a M119/722.3.

Great to hear the VB is working for you!

Michael

Duh_Vinci

Thank you gentlemen, appreciate it, Limin-X it is. Dave, I can certainly use these on 3 cars, so a small roll would certainly be useful!

Michael, thanks, this valve body did exactly what I needed, it put the car is back on the road and more fun now than before! R129's when in "need" a lot of little things (usually due to neglect) can indeed be purchased really cheap, and put back on the road at very affordable cost: as long one does the work himself.

Regards,
D

IslandMon

+1 on lamin-x film. I bought the precut pieces for new euro lenses and was very happy with fitment and coverage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2phast

I use Laminx also. If you have wipers, keep in mind if the wiper blades sit against the Laminx, it will leave a indentation and black mark, which requires periodic cleaning.

Duh_Vinci

Rick, it does have wipers right now, but I will do a complete wiper delete. R129 with factory xenons don't have wipers, all glass headlights look very clean on those cars. Since the car needs a full respray anyway, I will fill in the trim pieces holes and forget they ever existed.

Regards,
D

2phast

Rick, it does have wipers right now, but I will do a complete wiper delete. R129 with factory xenons don't have wipers, all glass headlights look very clean on those cars. Since the car needs a full respray anyway, I will fill in the trim pieces holes and forget they ever existed.

Regards,
D
I like the wipers!

LWB250

"But - but - he'll see the big board!!!"

Regards,
D
D,

Don't bother with filling holes. You can buy the blank plates for about $12-$15/each from the dealer. PM me for the part numbers if you need them. I did mine this way and just shot them with a rattle can of matching enamel from APS/Tower Paints. I've got a thread in the R129 forum on BW showing my install - it's active right now as there are some others looking for the M-M headlights from the Latvian guys.

Dan

Duh_Vinci

D,

Don't bother with filling holes. You can buy the blank plates for about $12-$15/each from the dealer. PM me for the part numbers if you need them. I did mine this way and just shot them with a rattle can of matching enamel from APS/Tower Paints. I've got a thread in the R129 forum on BW showing my install - it's active right now as there are some others looking for the M-M headlights from the Latvian guys.

Dan
Cheers Dan!

Yes, please, if the filler trim is cheap enough, I would rather get the ready to paint parts from the dealer. Yours is the perfect look, and on the red car too, love it!

Regards,
D

Duh_Vinci

This is my fav look, although the wiper arms would look better color matched.

Sport package and xenon on that car, with wipers - I actually like!

BTW, from the days of 190rev, I know it's been a looooong time ago, did you install the wipers on your old w201? I remember you car quite well, but for the life of me don't remember the headlights...

Regards,
D

2phast

Sport package and xenon on that car, with wipers - I actually like!

BTW, from the days of 190rev, I know it's been a looooong time ago, did you install the wipers on your old w201? I remember you car quite well, but for the life of me don't remember the headlights...

Regards,
D
Sure did

Trae

Like covering your phone with a screen protector BEFORE you take it anywhere, install Laminex on your lenses BEFORE you drive.

Last edited: