• Hi Guest !

Welcome to the new 500Eboard forum, post-migration to XenForo. Please feel free to do the following:

1) Explore, click, tweak your settings, enjoy

2) Check out the new "skins" link at the bottom left of the main page, to change the look and feel (color scheme/graphics) of the forum to your preference

3) Let me know of any errors you find. I am hard at work in the coming days and weeks to get things tweaked correctly, and I know there are plenty of small tweaks. Feel free to post in the "XenForo Migration" thread anything you find, or have questions about.

Im over my head!!

sorry for the late response. but what happed the first fuse in the can back was juk then i put a new one in and it had a defect in it, but i still replaced the wiring harness

thanks for all the help

Trae

CEL question.

On M104, pin #14, and 11 blinks.

Message: "Fuel safety shut-off signal to engine control module (N3/4) 23 18.0
Closed throttle recognition signal to engine control module (N3/4)".

Could this throw a CEL in the Cabriolet? The CEL will not go away even after clearing codes AND disconnecting the battery.

Trae

I'll have to look in the records, but I can't remember it being replaced.

Its the cabriolet that you saw with Klink.

Runs great however. I thought the CEL was only related to emissions.

Last edited:

Christian_K

I do believe...!
Fuel safety shutoff is a certain limp-home mode that is triggered whenever something severe is odd with the the electronic throttle system on HFM, LH and ME Systems. Its there for a reason, so the ETA for instance can not accelerate the engine over a certain RPM itself.
I'd check the ETA/Electronic Throttle system as a whole, they go bad on the M104 just like they do on the M119s....

Trae

OK, #3 pin shows only 4 blinks that I read by depressing the button just below pin 3.

(The banana plug on pin 1 was too large to allow my blink code reader to plug into pin 3.)

Attempted to clear code, but it would not clear. Guess they are serious about the environment.

Here is the message: "Air injection inoperative".

Last edited:

mikeym

OK, #3 pin shows only 4 blinks that I read by depressing the button just below pin 3.

(The banana plug on pin 1 was too large to allow my blink code reader to plug into pin 3.)

Attempted to clear code, but it would not clear. Guess they are serious about the environment.

Here is the message: "Air injection inoperative".
Trae - Did you root cause code 4 on your cabrio?