• Hi Guest !

Welcome to the new 500Eboard forum, post-migration to XenForo. Please feel free to do the following:

1) Explore, click, tweak your settings, enjoy

2) Check out the new "skins" link at the bottom left of the main page, to change the look and feel (color scheme/graphics) of the forum to your preference

3) Let me know of any errors you find. I am hard at work in the coming days and weeks to get things tweaked correctly, and I know there are plenty of small tweaks. Feel free to post in the "XenForo Migration" thread anything you find, or have questions about.

M104 HFM Swap in W201

S70/2

Alright, putting a 94 M104 into a 89 2.6 5spd W201 (Green/Black). Anyone with experience in HFM swaps care to shed some light as to exactly what I need to pull out of the donor 124? I've gotten the complete HFM/CC/ISC harnesses out, ready to harvest more. Going to add the flywheel magnet to a single mass M103 FW

I was really hoping this car would have a soy throttle body and harness but no, already replaced so no Megasquirt yet :(

Also, this new forum layout is freaking me out

S70/2

Forgot to mention this is also a non-ASR engine, the amount of wire harnesses and modules even on the simpler 6cyl is a bit staggering....I think adapting a BMW M50 motronic would probably be easier:doh:

JC220

A number of years back I had converted a manual 1987 W124 200 (4 cylinder carb engine) to a 3.6 HFM engine and auto trans.

I had transplanted all wiring and running gear from a non ASR W202 C36 AMG donor I bought complete. It was a rust bucket so ideal to take all the bits I needed from.

Initially do take some time and read through the thread link below. In there I had detailed the conversation and discussed the issues I had came across

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.benzworld.org/forums/w124-e-ce-d-td-class/2408521-e36-amg-project.html?amp=1

S70/2

Spent the better part of 5 hours yesterday pulling the body side HFM, ABS, ISC/CC, Diagnostic harnesses out, entire interior and dash needs to be removed. Once laid out it makes alot more sense, pretty straight forward with only a few mysteries. Going to use the entire 124 ABS harness and computer also...more photos and explanation to come for future reference

Stevester 500E

View attachment 80295

Spent the better part of 5 hours yesterday pulling the body side HFM, ABS, ISC/CC, Diagnostic harnesses out, entire interior and dash needs to be removed. Once laid out it makes alot more sense, pretty straight forward with only a few mysteries. Going to use the entire 124 ABS harness and computer also...more photos and explanation to come for future reference
Don't tear into the 190e yet, I would like to purchase it from you ! :)

S70/2

Don't tear into the 190e yet, I would like to purchase it from you ! :)
Not mine but I'll pass it along to the owner:thumbsup2:

Decided for good measure to remove the entire body harness from fuse box back....probably won't need much of anything from it but I'll always have correct color coded wires/connectors for future repair :shock:

20190406_163526.jpg