• Hi Guest !

Welcome to the new 500Eboard forum, post-migration to XenForo. Please feel free to do the following:

1) Explore, click, tweak your settings, enjoy

2) Check out the new "skins" link at the bottom left of the main page, to change the look and feel (color scheme/graphics) of the forum to your preference

3) Let me know of any errors you find. I am hard at work in the coming days and weeks to get things tweaked correctly, and I know there are plenty of small tweaks. Feel free to post in the "XenForo Migration" thread anything you find, or have questions about.

OWNER nocfn

nocfn

E500E Guru
They are for 124 standard, I ordered them with the fenders

The other stuff, kindly give me part nbrs with screws if needed, I will add it.
life was a bit more predictable with this guy!

I have posted vin specific details and I don't see the parts you mention Dave, school me please, I am a sponge....:thankyou1:
036 fender Capture.JPG036 bumper Capture.JPG

Last edited:

gsxr

.036 Hoonigan™, E500E Boffin
Staff member
Correct 036 front fender liners are A1248841535 and A1248841635. If you ordered those, you're all set. If not... d'oh... :doh: :spend:

For callout 65, I think you need 4 of A0029943945 plus 2 of A0029948045... and six of callout 62, screw # A1239900136.

For callout 68, looks like 2 of A2019900536 and 6 of A0019901236.

HOWEVER... the EPC quantities are not always 100% accurate. And, I don't have photos of what those clips/screws look like, but there are different ones used in different locations. Anyone own an E500E that lives nearby where you can take a peek at which screws/clips go where? You definitely wants all the proper screws/clips in place, I've heard of reports from multiple people where the liners pop down into the airstream at freeway speeds and burn up against the tire, ruining them. With the correct clips, they should remain in place even at Warp Nine.

BTW - the engine splash shield is A1245242730, see what you have on there now.

:5150:

nocfn

E500E Guru
I have a ton of attachment screws, nuts etc from parts cars, junk yard cars etc. I promise it wont be ratchet when its done. There is a shield underneath, I saw it when I got the car and thought UGH because I just repaired the one my daughter ripped out of her car on a parking barrier. I thought what a pita, so I know I have one. all the greyed out stuff is what isn't on my car per epc. I will check it all out after my order and go from there to see what I still need. I appreciate the help.

Roma_500E

Russian_Rocket
Turned out the front fenders were standard 124 with lots of bondo added to create faux-036 fender flares. Pretty good job actually, but doesn't play nice with the correct fender mouldings and lower rocker covers...

:tumble:
Unbelievable how deep anti-036 job was done.

Well, the good thing is that the whole front end and rocker panels will be brand new and freshly painted :cheers3:

036 bondo fenders are total waste of time and money. Still do not understand why the previous owner did not buy new parts :doh:

Last edited:

Roma_500E

Russian_Rocket
I ve noticed 036 rocker panel :)

By the way diamond finished Evo wheels are so nice and sharp looking !

Attachments

gsxr

Staff member
There is a shield underneath...
There may be *A* shield underneath, but is it the correct shield...? That is the question. The 036 shield is longer and extends forward to the 500E bumper. And, the forward mounting holes are in different positions, IIRC... 036 front holes are ~1 inch closer to the middle holes compared to the 034 shield. New, correct shield should be around $125 from the discounters. If the original 036 shield is still on the car, I'd expect the front has been cut off to fit the non-036 bumper.

:tejas:

gsxr

Staff member
Crap. I just thought of something else... the cooling ducts from the bumper to the engine mounts are 036-specific items too, and they're kinda expensive for plastic tubes. Only the front "scoop" portion up against the bumper is 036-specific, the tubes along the frame rails are the same as the 034. See the black plastic rectangular thingys dangling in the breeze in the photos below.

A1245200405 = Left scoop
A1245200905 = Right scoop

:hornets:

Attachments

nocfn

E500E Guru
Okeydokey! Dave, thanks!! I will visit Gerry's car since he lives inside of aircraft and hotel rooms. He will never miss them[emoji49]

nocfn

E500E Guru
Honestly I am on I-10 on my way to Pensacola so I will check bumper stuff in progress up after fenders. I still need boomerangs and bumper strip (willing to go used) sooooo check personal inventory.

gsxr

Staff member
Man, I dunno if I'd trust a "500Eboard Newbie" with only 15 posts... could be a scammer.

:stickpoke: :mushroom1:

gerryvz

Site Honcho
Staff member
Indeed, it's not a good idea to trust unknown people. I'd just order it from Lionel or from the Classic Center.

nocfn

E500E Guru
Lionel shipped all my fender bits, clips and liners, should get here via greyhound by Sunday.

nocfn

E500E Guru
Removed passenger fender, cladding and the rocker, installed 036 passenger rocker. Removed front bumper assembly, verified that I DO HAVE 036 Air tubes. Since I was there, I took the opportunity to remove over-flow bottle and drain (old fluid) and the ant bottle. Removed the grommets and massaged with Aerospace 303 as they were looking a bit hard. Good supple seal now for vacuum bottle.

Greyhound got my bits yesterday but I could not get them but hope to unpack and begin some painting today. (it's Fathers day) My package should contain 2 fenders, new clips for mounting cladding, new 036 fender liners and a vacuum modulator for my C126.

When the smoke clears for me, I will have a bumper for standard 124, along with fender liners, rocker panels and two flared fenders for sale. I will post an official for sale thread with pics when the time is right.

nocfn

E500E Guru
indeed, once we get er done!

I also got my last pieces headed to Lionel, the boomerangs and the bumper strip. I must say I am ready to be done with the body work, its about all I can take in the 100+F garage. Fricken paint I had dried on my cladding as soon as it came out of the can.....

gsxr

Staff member
I must say I am ready to be done with the body work, its about all I can take in the 100+F garage. Fricken paint I had dried on my cladding as soon as it came out of the can.....
Have you tried a foam brush instead of a bristle brush?

nocfn

E500E Guru
Naa I am spraying the 2 coats of 249 on then a 2-3 coats of clear. I will cut it all down with my Porter Cable and some Manzerna when finished to cut and then step up to polish/buff. I rig up a paint booth in the garage and get to it.

gsxr

Staff member
Dang. No chain yank award for me... sorry Gerry, I tried...

:runexe:

gsxr

Staff member
Correct for 1994 would be 249. (Technically, the two-tone factory color would Tropical Green #6856 in 1994, but since you're going monotone it would be 249).

Only 1992-1993 500E's had black impact strips (except 009 E500 Limiteds).

:seesaw:

Klink

postwhore posterchild
Staff member
Correct for 1994 would be 249. (Technically, the two-tone factory color would Tropical Green #6856 in 1994, but since you're going monotone it would be 249).

Only 1992-1993 500E's had black impact strips (except 009 E500 Limiteds).

:seesaw:
What? There were non-facelift Limiteds? I thought all facelift cars had smooth finish painted rub strips...

gsxr

Staff member
What? There were non-facelift Limiteds? I thought all facelift cars had smooth finish painted rub strips...
Nah, but I was expecting someone to call me out on the "black" impact strips. Pre-facelift had the non-painted which were black color but not painted. 009 Limiteds have the impact strips painted 009 black. Potato, tomato, yadda yadda...

:D :D

[video=youtube;S8n0sMBrjg4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8n0sMBrjg4[/video]

nocfn

E500E Guru
So a basic update. My painter asked if I could pick up the parts after a cursory pass of the cured items to get the initial denib off the clear. He wants me to install and return the car for proper matching and buffing a week from Saturday since it's a holiday this week. When you find a good body guy, you stick with them and even if it is an hour away. So the "finished" product is scheduled for one week from Saturday. I will post a progress picture, then a finished picture along the way. Might even push out the hood bondo plug while there and install the MB gunsight that belongs on the 94 hood. (PO removed it. Sadly the trunk lid requires removal of a decal made out of contact paper and xacto knife with nice layer of clear) we'll see about that as well! Stay tuned....

e500.org

Coming along nicely dude. Looking forward to seeing the finished article. Get rid of those AMG decals off the calipers, man!

nocfn

E500E Guru
One project at a time., the cheese /// is next once the paint is matched and we are all installed, color corrected etc. I get my left boomerang for the bumper Monday so I only wish to install it once.. The new impact strip came black, too bad I am going mono or I would be done.

nocfn

E500E Guru
Saving this if needed, may help someone.

On my new front bumper, Fogs installed, and right boomerang. I get the left in the morning so I will take a picture but I won't have the bump strip until next Saturday... I did remove DS front cladding as the aft lower screw clip didn't hold. I chipped away bondo on the clip and found no damage to the clip area. PO must have used wrong clip at some point or none at all since the screw and clip were gone. Installed proper clip and screw and good to go! No longer need a replacement cladding piece.

Last edited:

nocfn

E500E Guru
Another step today. Loose fit, will cinch right for the long drive Saturday to the body shop for the rear bumper, front bump strip and final assembly. I can almost taste completion.

nocfn

E500E Guru
Verified my new fogs work. On a whim, I pulled the switch out one more position to see if I had the rear fog function. To my surprise, indeed I have the rear fog light.

nocfn

E500E Guru
Did driver side cladding, but I thought I had enough buttons for both but do not. Will visit MB local so I can pay $5 for $1.18 in clips lol

Still on pace for Saturday getting car buttoned up with monotone bumpers and cladding. She will get a bath and a good manzerna buff.