• Hi Guest !

Welcome to the new 500Eboard forum, post-migration to XenForo. Please feel free to do the following:

1) Explore, click, tweak your settings, enjoy

2) Check out the new "skins" link at the bottom left of the main page, to change the look and feel (color scheme/graphics) of the forum to your preference

3) Let me know of any errors you find. I am hard at work in the coming days and weeks to get things tweaked correctly, and I know there are plenty of small tweaks. Feel free to post in the "XenForo Migration" thread anything you find, or have questions about.

Q8 KO

gerryvz

Site Honcho
Staff member
That's an old photo and several of those from that accident were shared on the old 500Ecstasy board. Accident is probably 10 years old now.

DerFuror

500E Terminus Illuminatus
That's an old photo and several of those from that accident were shared on the old 500Ecstasy board. Accident is probably 10 years old now.
That explains why I couldn't locate details of the wreck on the website, although there were hundreds of other Benz wrecks posted.

:eek: Overseas folk sure take totalling Benzes to a whole new level!

500AMM

E500E explorer
That explains why I couldn't locate details of the wreck on the website, although there were hundreds of other Benz wrecks posted.

:eek: Overseas folk sure take totalling Benzes to a whole new level!
For Norway it's due to the huge import tax. But it has changed a bit to the better now, so the 036 fleet is increasing year by year.

You find some more pics of that Kuwait accident here: https://www.google.com/search?site=&tbm=isch&source=hp&biw=1396&bih=774&q=Kuwaut+E500+crash&oq=Kuwaut+E500+crash&gs_l=img.3...3385.13465.0.14253.19.9.1.9.0.0.220.1268.0j8j1.9.0....0...1ac.1.53.img..10.9.1168.Nz9yjMMe1Nk&safe=active&gws_rd=ssl#safe=active&tbm=isch&q=Kuwait+Mercedes+E500+crash&imgdii=_

Rouven036

.036 Info God (aka "Big R")
Actually i have to tell a (funny)storry to this accident. I bought my 500 in the end ob the year 2000 and somewhere around that time i was starting to search in the internet for pictures etc. and found the photos of this accident in Kuwait, so fast forward and as life goes on, i found myself living in the building in the far right of the photo,where you can see the car from the back side. I just drove to work one day when i remembered that i had a picture of an accident 500 in Kuwait somewhere stored in a hard disc, was speachless when i discovered that this was literally infront of my door....
By the time I discovered these photos first, I was of course living and working at home in germany and if someone would have told me that I would be living one day in the middle east, I would just have had a good laugh.

Last edited:

Rouven036

.036 Info God (aka "Big R")
Gerry let me see if we still have the car in our system, I doubt it - but could give it a try.