• Hi Guest !

Welcome to the new 500Eboard forum, post-migration to XenForo. Please feel free to do the following:

1) Explore, click, tweak your settings, enjoy

2) Check out the new "skins" link at the bottom left of the main page, to change the look and feel (color scheme/graphics) of the forum to your preference

3) Let me know of any errors you find. I am hard at work in the coming days and weeks to get things tweaked correctly, and I know there are plenty of small tweaks. Feel free to post in the "XenForo Migration" thread anything you find, or have questions about.

Sound proofing

alexis

E500E Newbie
Hi,
Although everything is supposed to be in good order (MB serviced), I sometimes find my car a bit noisy in some circumstances : when it rains and on rough roads.
Has anyone dealed with that ? What could be done ?
Alex

Jelmer

I'm "special"!
Where do you think most of the sound comes from? I found that much of the driving noise comes from a wrong door setting. The rough roads setting might be tire(-pressure) related, I doubt the rain sounds are possible to change (I actually love that sound :) )

Trae

I have wind noise from the upper part of the driver's window on my 93'. Probably need new weather stripping.

alexis

E500E Newbie
Hi,
The sound comes from the back of the car, by the doors. But it doesn't come from the door themselves. It more comes from the tires (michelin pilot road) and the noise of the rain in the inner wing.
Is there a way to insulate the inner wing or the underneath of the back seats ?
Alexis

gsxr

.036 Hoonigan™, E500E Boffin
Staff member
I have wind noise from the upper part of the driver's window on my 93'. Probably need new weather stripping.
Check the upper rear corner of the window glass weatherstrip. Very common failure, I've had to replace this on several cars. To isolate it, apply blue tape all over the glass to door frame to temporarily seal it. If the noise goes away, replace the weatherstrip... it's a bit of a PITA though.

:5150: