• Hi Guest !

Welcome to the new 500Eboard forum, post-migration to XenForo. Please feel free to do the following:

1) Explore, click, tweak your settings, enjoy

2) Check out the new "skins" link at the bottom left of the main page, to change the look and feel (color scheme/graphics) of the forum to your preference

3) Let me know of any errors you find. I am hard at work in the coming days and weeks to get things tweaked correctly, and I know there are plenty of small tweaks. Feel free to post in the "XenForo Migration" thread anything you find, or have questions about.

Tire Rod Assemblies - what is the difference? R/L

Duh_Vinci

Cheers all!

I'm updating all the suspension components on the project SL500, started with the front, have everything disassembled, will be installing all the new Lemforder pieces today.

I'm looking at the the new Left 129 330 02 03 and the Right 129 330 03 03 parts, I must be missing something but they look identical, not even "Grey" paint on the left any longer, these are both are black...

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Curiosity is getting the best of me, what's the catch? The length appears to be the same, threads appear to be the same... What am I missing, really? [/FONT]:doh:

Regards,
D

P.S. What is the proper torque specs on these tie rods please?

Duh_Vinci

And so there was absolutely NO difference between these parts, at least not the Lemforder units, laid them side by side, removed the ends, could not find any difference. Used this Autozone rental tool to pop them out, came out effortlessly!

Torque specs were 35nm...

Regards,
D

Attachments

sheward

I just replaced one side (on the 500E). I used the same tool from ORielys with no charge. The only difference in the two 036 tie rods is a hex shape main tube on the left to facilitate easy adjustment from the left side. I will be surprised if the SLs are not the same.

drew

Duh_Vinci

Drew, both main tubes were round, factory and lemforder, factory was painted grey, otherwise the same, I can certainly see the benefit of the hex shape tube for adjustment.

Regards,
D