• Hi Guest !

Welcome to the new 500Eboard forum, post-migration to XenForo. Please feel free to do the following:

1) Explore, click, tweak your settings, enjoy

2) Check out the new "skins" link at the bottom left of the main page, to change the look and feel (color scheme/graphics) of the forum to your preference

3) Let me know of any errors you find. I am hard at work in the coming days and weeks to get things tweaked correctly, and I know there are plenty of small tweaks. Feel free to post in the "XenForo Migration" thread anything you find, or have questions about.

Trunk wont open.

Relux

E500E Newbie
Hey guys, i cant seem to get the trunk open my 92 500e. The battery is dead, i dont think that would matter but maybe im wrong.
I have 2 keys for the car and have tried both of them. Turning counter clockwise, i can turn the trunk lock to the right and it clicks but to the left just doesnt seem to turn all the way. Any sugestions?

gerryvz

Site Honcho
Staff member
Battery won't matter; you should be able to unlock it with the key. Should unlock going counter-clockwise.

Relux

E500E Newbie
Well i guess it was jammed somehow.. i used a small block of wood and a mallet and hammered twice on the lock button and the trunk poped open. Ill investigate further to find out why that happend.

I have nothing to add to this thread other than the fact that I changed my avatar...

:bnb: