• Hi Guest !

Welcome to the new 500Eboard forum, post-migration to XenForo. Please feel free to do the following:

1) Explore, click, tweak your settings, enjoy

2) Check out the new "skins" link at the bottom left of the main page, to change the look and feel (color scheme/graphics) of the forum to your preference

3) Let me know of any errors you find. I am hard at work in the coming days and weeks to get things tweaked correctly, and I know there are plenty of small tweaks. Feel free to post in the "XenForo Migration" thread anything you find, or have questions about.

V8 Fender Badges

omegabenz

E500E Newbie
I've been thinking about putting on Fender badges. I know the Audi V8 ones look pretty good and so do the G-Wagen V8 badges. Any thoughts or pictures? I'm also debating about the fender repeaters...I still can't decide.

V8 badges are cool. My car is debadge from the rear, but I think a few POs ago, they put a E500 badge on, but I've been thinking about cutting and buffing that minor halo off, and go with 500E...

Thx

Glen

Site Admin, auto enthusiast...
Staff member
V8 badges and repeaters look cool but for me the biggest problem is that they are just one more thing that wax and dirt get stuck on over time.

gerryvz

Site Honcho
Staff member
I think repeaters are very cool.

As far as the V8 badge -- to me the whole point of the .036 is subtlety and understatement, so a V8 badge is advertising. To me it's kind of like the whole "Porsche" connection - most people don't get it, or just don't care, so often the advertisement is just an owner "feel good" thing. :hornets:

Just my own opinion though.

Cheers,
Gerry

arno

E500E Newbie
i had my car debadged the day i took delivery. those
who kniow know, those who dont dont have to.

a'

szvook

~UNBANNED~
I also prefer he debagged look for my car and although I like fender emblem as well, I wanted to have a hidden from the outside look except the hint of the V8 inside the car, so the shift-knob I got says it all.

Attachments

gsxr

.036 Hoonigan™, E500E Boffin
Staff member
I like the V8 shift knob. They are hard to find at a reasonable price though.

:apl:

szvook

~UNBANNED~
gsxr said:
I like the V8 shift knob. They are hard to find at a reasonable price though.
Does this sound like a reasonable price?

$109.00 leather shift knob - V8 plus the Mercedes star
$15.00 adapter
$4.75 priority mail (shipped from mid west)
------------------
$128.75 total in August of 2008

gsxr

.036 Hoonigan™, E500E Boffin
Staff member
If that's brand new, and a genuine OE shift knob, that's not outrageous... but not exactly cheap, either. I'd like to pay about half that for a clean used one though. I haven't looked for these in a long time, so I really don't know what the typical street price is.

:wormhole:

arno

E500E Newbie
omegabenz said:
V8 badges are cool. My car is debadge from the rear, but I think a few POs ago, they put a E500 badge on, but I've been thinking about cutting and buffing that minor halo off, and go with 500E...

Thx
your car is a 500E with an E500 badge? outrageous! at the
very least it should be badged correctly, whch in my book
means no badge at all. btw, i installed repeaters last year.

a'

T-500

E500E Newbie
I know I'm coming late to this discussion, but...

I'm not so taken with the V8 badges - i feel like they don't belong.

Repeaters, though, I think they're a great idea, aesthetically and for practical reasons especially.

Love the shiftknob! I've wanting to replace the original shifter for some time, but didn't realise there was such a nice replacement.

Austin, I have a spare 300E badge, just for fun, :bananadeath:

gerryvz

Site Honcho
Staff member
Agreed, that shift-knob is the bomb, and that (along with installing Rik's modded mirror) will be my next project on the car. After I give the paint a good buffing out and the interior a good cleaning -- both of which the poor car is well overdue for.

Cheers,
Gerry

chappardababbar

E500E Newbie
My car is de badged as well. Most people do double takes on the car because they haven't seen anything like it. I prefer that people don't know.

szvook said:
I also prefer he debagged look for my car and although I like fender emblem as well, I wanted to have a hidden from the outside look except the hint of the V8 inside the car, so the shift-knob I got says it all.
Where does one find these shift knobs for purchase?