• Hi Guest !

Welcome to the new 500Eboard forum, post-migration to XenForo. Please feel free to do the following:

1) Explore, click, tweak your settings, enjoy

2) Check out the new "skins" link at the bottom left of the main page, to change the look and feel (color scheme/graphics) of the forum to your preference

3) Let me know of any errors you find. I am hard at work in the coming days and weeks to get things tweaked correctly, and I know there are plenty of small tweaks. Feel free to post in the "XenForo Migration" thread anything you find, or have questions about.

VPC Windshield Stickers

600Eric

a.k.a. "CoalRollerEric"
Not sure if it is related but when I had the windshield replaced on my W222 about 6 months ago the new piece of glass actually came with a subtle Gottlieb Daimler signature sticker on it between the two panes so it could not be removed.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

HowardK

E500E Newbie
The VPC (Vehicle Preparation Center) sticker was a quality controlled sticker applied by Mercedes Benz on all incoming cars prior to shipping to dealerships. I know that they were on 1992s, but did not know when they stopped. I guess I can ask Tom Hanson from the Classic Center.

gsxr

.036 Hoonigan™, E500E Boffin
Staff member
I'm not sure if it ever stopped. Definitely through the 1990's, and I think through at least mid-2000's...?

:klink:

Klink

postwhore posterchild
Staff member
Haven't seen one for many years. I did not note when they went away...

gsxr

.036 Hoonigan™, E500E Boffin
Staff member
I have photos showing the decals on W211's through end of USA sales (2009 model year), so it must have been after that.

:detective:

HowardK

E500E Newbie
Tom Hanson from MBUSA replied that he did not know when they stopped putting the VPC stickers on the car. He did say that it was a long time ago. So thanks GSXR for your input.