• Hi Guest !

Welcome to the new 500Eboard forum, post-migration to XenForo. Please feel free to do the following:

1) Explore, click, tweak your settings, enjoy

2) Check out the new "skins" link at the bottom left of the main page, to change the look and feel (color scheme/graphics) of the forum to your preference

3) Let me know of any errors you find. I am hard at work in the coming days and weeks to get things tweaked correctly, and I know there are plenty of small tweaks. Feel free to post in the "XenForo Migration" thread anything you find, or have questions about.

• NOTE: THIS FORUM IS ONLY FOR 400E & E420-SPECIFIC PARTS. IF THE PART YOU ARE SELLING IS ALSO USED IN COMMON WITH THE 500E/E500, PLEASE LIST IT ONLY ON THE 500E "PARTS FOR SALE" SUBFORUM. DUPLICATED LISTINGS ON THE 500E & 400E "PARTS FOR SALE" SUBFORUMS WILL BE IMMEDIATELY DELETED.

DISCLAIMER

500Eboard, including its owner, administrators and moderators do not endorse, approve or support any claims provided by sellers as to vehicle condition, history, title status or mechanical operation.

Forum members/sellers are fully responsible for the accurate representation of all vehicles and/or parts they list and describe for sale on this forum. 500Eboard is not legally liable or responsible for sellers who misrepresent their vehicles per US Federal, State and local laws and regulations pertaining to proper and accurate vehicle sales.

Thank you

WANTED WANTED: 1994/1995 E320/E420 sedan rear bumper (124-880-17-40)

MB V8

You looked on Car-Part.com?.....(be sure and include the hyphen).

Gotta be a yard in Va. with a E320/E420.

gerryvz

Site Honcho
Staff member
There are five LKQ yards in the Baltimore area. They regularly have W124s. Last summer, there were four 400E/E420s within the span of six weeks at the LKQ yards. It was quite a run.

kiev

There are five LKQ yards in the Baltimore area. They regularly have W124s. Last summer, there were four 400E/E420s within the span of six weeks at the LKQ yards. It was quite a run.
Gerry, thank you. Just one 1994-5 w124 in one of LKQs. Poached to the stratosphere, but the rear bumper was on it, in excellent condition, and is now mine

LKQ is very convenient as their inventory can be searched online

Last edited:

gerryvz

Site Honcho
Staff member
Yes, there is a 1995 E320 in the Jessup, MD LKQ yard. I visited it on Tuesday and Wednesday of last week, got the upper wiring harness and HFM computer (for my G320) from it. And poached some other stuff as well. Cheesy aftermarket taillights, though. Is that the same one that you raided?

The Jessup LKQ yard is the one closest to my house (and 5 mins from my office) and has the best cars. The Erdman and Hawkins Point yards in Baltimore proper are second and third place. The Mt. Airy yard, on the way out to Frederick, MD, is a full hour from my house and has few decent cars — I visit it perhaps 2-3 times a year. But I’ll visit ALL of the yards if there is good stuff.

Also a 1989 560SEL in the Jessup that is in decent shape. I need to go back to that one, as there are some additional items I plan to get, including the transmission. The trans will be one that I will do a bench rebuild on in my shop.

My existing SEC transmission is still going great at 250K miles, but I want to have a hot spare on hand that is freshly rebuilt, and I want to use this ‘89 trans as a mule for learning how to do a proper rebuild on my own terms, at my own speed.

Once in a while, on a weekend day, I have been known to visit ALL 5 yards in a single day. Those days I come home like Santa Claus.

kiev

Yes, that's the one, with cheesey aftermarket taillights :). As I was leaving, two guys were starting to remove whole rear suspension. Saw the 560. I'm not mechanically inclined at all, but if you need a pair of bare hands with that transmission and life will allow, I'll gladly help. This yard is 45 min from my house.

Thanks again for pointing out LKQ

gerryvz

Site Honcho
Staff member
So you must have been there on Thursday or yesterday, eh?

I’m super happy you found a good bumper.

I use the LKQ app and peruse the new blood in the yards about once a week. Typically make 2-3 trips to yards per month, but only when there is good stuff. Often stuff that I sell here as I have the spares already.

kiev

Went there on Friday, out of desperation and with low expectations, given car's picture of the rear. Went today, Saturday, to pick it up. Impact strip served its purpose well: took all of the dings and raptures instead of bumper. I'm super happy too. Strange that front aftermarket bumpers are galore, but rear don't exist in nature

mikeym

I am having a hard time sourcing a rear bumper paneling for my E320. It is a Canadian car with different part number (124-880-18-40) but even that one also is NLA.

for those not close to junk yards, what ya doing for rear bumper as most places won't ship it?
Was there a thread about someone 3d printing the paneling part?

MB V8

Post a picture of what you need. There are a couple of E320's in the local yards. Where are you located? Your bio/signature is incomplete.