• Hi Guest !

Welcome to the new 500Eboard forum, post-migration to XenForo. Please feel free to do the following:

1) Explore, click, tweak your settings, enjoy

2) Check out the new "skins" link at the bottom left of the main page, to change the look and feel (color scheme/graphics) of the forum to your preference

3) Let me know of any errors you find. I am hard at work in the coming days and weeks to get things tweaked correctly, and I know there are plenty of small tweaks. Feel free to post in the "XenForo Migration" thread anything you find, or have questions about.

Were body color lower moldings ever a factory ordered option?

Benzmannyc

E500E Newbie
I see so many variations online of our cars and i was wondering if the monochromatic look was an option maybe in 93 or 94? I see some silver cars have a light gray bottom where as my gray car has a contrasting gray lower section. Same with greens.

I like them both ways but painting the lower moldings body color does lend to a more modern up to date look

gerryvz

Site Honcho
Staff member
Ooooh boy, I feel a "factory triple black" discussion coming on .... deja vu from 500Ecstasy.com ..... :sicker:

2phast

The signal red 500e's were monochrome and it wasn't a option, they all came like that. With that said, the signal red 300e and 190e were two tone, go figure.

Benzmannyc

E500E Newbie
So guys on your cars that are monotone is the lower body satin or high gloss like the rest of the car? Thats what im curious about and why on some colors the bottom is a better match than on a gray or silver car?

The lower body cladding paint on my car is a high gloss that matches the rest of the paint. You can check out a couple of decent photos of my car in my owner's thread and the for sale thread.

gsxr

.036 Hoonigan™, E500E Boffin
Staff member
It depends on the paint color AND model year. Certain years/colors were monochrome from the factory, others (most) were two-tone.

Your car is Pearl Black (paint code 199) and came from the factory with Alto Gray (code 7700) bumpers/mouldings.

:mushroom: