• Hi Guest !

Welcome to the new 500Eboard forum, post-migration to XenForo. Please feel free to do the following:

1) Explore, click, tweak your settings, enjoy

2) Check out the new "skins" link at the bottom left of the main page, to change the look and feel (color scheme/graphics) of the forum to your preference

3) Let me know of any errors you find. I am hard at work in the coming days and weeks to get things tweaked correctly, and I know there are plenty of small tweaks. Feel free to post in the "XenForo Migration" thread anything you find, or have questions about.

SLK320 6 speed no start (possible immobilizer)

alabbasi

Mercedes Flopper
All, I bought an 01 SLK320 with a light hit (airbag did not deploy). It's a manual car but does not want to start, even when the clutch pedal is depressed.
I see some wiring from a fuse box going to the transmission down to the back of the engine (firewall) under the car and also to a cheap looking to a siren. I suspect that it's some sort of immobilizer. I'm wondering if it's wring to the starter or to maybe a neutral safety equivalent for a manual transmission car could have been.

I won't be able to get the car in the air for a while due to space constraints but I'm wondering what could have been hacked if anything in order to prevent the car from starting.

Any thoughts would be appreciated

TerryA

Is the wiring for an aftermarket alarm system? If so w/o the keyfob you would have to find the overide button (most cases in the glove compartment) and depress it and it will start.

Just a shot in the dark.

lol

alabbasi

Mercedes Flopper
OK I got it running, that dodgy wiring was spliced into the factory wiring so I cut it away and bridge the wires together from the factory harness. I still need to make the rest of the alarm system disappear. Here's a quick video for anyone who's interested: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OW3-3tqNkX4

Another car flopped!

[video=youtube;OW3-3tqNkX4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OW3-3tqNkX4[/video]